The Forty Niners Chorus of Chester County is looking for singers of all vocal ranges to join our upcoming semester.
As a member, you’ll:
- Sing from a repertoire of rock, pop, Broadway, standards and more
- Perform in front of thousands of people each year
- Get the opportunity to act, dance and create original material
- Have the chance to travel and sing around the world
- Enjoy convenient rehearsal schedules
Don’t want to sing? No problem! There are plenty of opportunities for Associate Members to build sets, write shows and much more!
Sound good? Apply now!
For membership questions or more information, email Ken Meyers, Membership Chair.
The Forty Niners Chorus is an all-volunteer organization committed to the cause of keeping community-based music alive. As such, we rely on our membership to participate actively in the regular operation of the group. Members are strongly encouraged to participate on at least one committee and all members, new and long-timers, are welcome to run for offices, as elections are held.
Our Board of Directors consists of the current president and four most recent past presidents. The purpose of the board is to assist in planning and providing overall guidance to the organization.
The Executive Committee consists of five elected officials, each appointed standing committee chairperson, the appointed business manager, and the music director.
- First Vice President
- Second Vice President
- Apparel Committee
- Equipment Committee
- Fundraising Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Social Committee
An all-member election is held each spring to elect the Second Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer. The Second Vice President automatically moves into the position of First Vice President the following year and the First Vice President from the previous year automatically becomes the new President. This enables the President to gain necessary knowledge and experience with the organization prior to taking office. All other offices and appointments are one-year positions.
- Membership dues are $49.00 per semester, payable at the first practice of each semester.
- A one-time apparel fee of $35.00 will be collected from all new members, which contributes to the formal apparel, costumes and props expenses.
- Weekly practices are held on Sunday evenings in preparation for each major show (Christmas and Spring). Attendence is expected at all practices and performances. The detailed policy will be available for review in your membership handbook.
- All members are responsible for learning and memorizing their music, as well as some simple choreography.
- In most cases, each member is responsible for providing his or her own seasonal concert attire.
- All members rotate the responsibility of providing light refreshments for practices. In most cases, it will be no more than twice per semester, to be shared with another member or two.
- New members are on “probation” their first semester, which is really a two-way assessment period. We get to know you and you get to know us. Use this period of time for feeling out the group and your potential role in it.
- Executive committee meetings are held monthly throughout each semester. All members are welcome to attend and observe the proceedings and all members are expected to vote in elections and for proposals presented for voting decisions.
- The most important obligation a member of the Forty Niners Chorus has is to be committed to community music and working to serve the Chester County community through song and service.
If you believe you are a good fit for the group, we welcome you to join us! Please complete the online application and our membership chairperson will contact you for an audition.